[Seaside-dev] Issue 342 in seaside: Canonical URLs

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Feb 13 16:26:59 UTC 2009

Comment #1 on issue 342 by cdrick65: Canonical URLs

I gave a try fro 2.9... not sure at all this is the correct way though.

I put it in WAHtmlRoot>>writeHeadOn:
Maybe this is problematic if we want to overide the defaut (in updateRoot?)?

Relative path seems to be ok according to the website [1] but now,
parameters and the
fragment is not taken into account (don't know if they have too anyway).

Cheers,

Cédrick

[1]
"Can I use a relative path to specify the canonical, such as <link
rel="canonical"
href="product.php?item=swedish-fish" />?
Yes, relative paths are recognized as expected with the <link> tag. Also,
if you
include a <base> link in your document, relative paths will resolve
according to the
base URL. "

Attachments:
	WAHtmlRoot-writeHeadOn.st  495 bytes
	WAHtmlRoot-writeCanonicalLinkOn.st  432 bytes
	WALinkElement-beCanonical.st  298 bytes