[Seaside-dev] Issue 342 in seaside: Canonical URLs

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sat Feb 14 18:55:24 UTC 2009

Comment #9 on issue 342 by jfitzell: Canonical URLs

I have to agree with philippe on this one. I'm not convinced this should
happen
automatically. If nothing else, it's just crud and more code for internal
sites that
will never be indexed by Google.

I'm also not convinced that the entry point URL without the _k and _s is a
good
default for applications that have not set up their site to use
#updateUrl:, etc.
Google might penalize sites that are returning very different pages (which
these
would be) as their canonical URLs.