[Seaside-dev] platform

Julian Fitzell julian at fitzell.ca
Thu Jan 22 02:05:05 UTC 2009

Sorry porters,

I just committed a whole bunch of packages moving all the platform
methods to the instance side and introducing an abstract superclass,
WAPlatform.

I realize moving all the methods over will suck if you don't have RB
available but hopefully the long-term benefits will be worth it. Feel
free to provide default implementations for any methods that can at
least be loaded into an ANSI-compatible system. Also, it may be that
some methods should have empty implementations rather than
"subclassResponibility". Feel free to modify those as desired as well.

Extensions on WAPlatform can now be provided by non-platform-specific
packages with default implementations and/or comments.  The actual
implementations on the platform-specific subclasses being, of course,
will be provided by platform-specific classes.

Comments, as always, welcome.