[Seaside-dev] Seaside-Flow

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 16:12:40 UTC 2009

>> Yup, exactly. Well, except there currently isn't an explicit reset
>> operation in the context chain; a compiled method is passed in as a
>> marker at the time of the shift. It's this coupling that I'm not
>> entirely happy with.
>
> Hmm, that's a bit ugly, but only because it makes the implementation
> very Seaside-specific.

(1) It is a decoupling, not a coupling.

(2) There is nothing Seaside specific about this.

Think of it as a bounded continuation, where the marker is not
hardcoded (coupled) into the stack, but given as a condition. In our
case I use a compiled method as the marker, but it could as well be a
block encoding any other condition. The benefit is clearly that there
are no unwanted dependencies in core-code and that other
implementations don't need to carry unwanted baggage.

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch