[Seaside-dev] Issue 307 in seaside: WAEncoder class>>#'initializeBMP' fails to initialize max character value

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Jan 26 21:45:51 UTC 2009

Owner: WeybridgeWay
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium Version-Seaside2.9

New issue 307 by WeybridgeWay: WAEncoder class>>#'initializeBMP' fails to
initialize max character value

It appears to me that there is an off-by-one error in the initialization.
The code creates an Array
(stored in the inst var 'table') with either 255 or 65535 slots and then
saves an encoded value of 0
to 254 (or 65534). Without understanding much of what is going on with
encoding, it seems that
with values of 0-255, there should be 256 characters. I've made that
change, but would be happy
to have someone explain why the previous implementation was better.
* Seaside-Core-jgf.427.mcz