[Seaside-dev] Issue 311 in seaside: Undefined globals and methods referenced in Seaside-Canvas and Seaside-Canvas-Tests

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Jan 27 20:36:03 UTC 2009

Updates:
	Labels: Version-Seaside2.9

Comment #1 on issue 311 by jfitzell: Undefined globals and methods
referenced in Seaside-Canvas and Seaside-Canvas-Tests

This would probably be less confusing as three separate issues, but here we
go...

1) (WAFormTagTest>>createHandlers) I'm not totally sure what's up with this
one (I'm
not sure what part of Application or Session the test would have been
using) but I
tried deleting the method and the tests still pass so I guess none of
it... :)

2) (WAHtmlBuilder>>#renderResponse:) That method doesn't exist anymore. I
think it
disappeared in Lukas' recent refactoring. I've been waiting for him to fix
it.

3) (WAResourceBaseUrlTest>>createHandlers) The problem here is
WARenderContext>>absoluteUrlForResource: which is in Core but calls
#application.
There are 6 senders of that, two of which are also in Core, the other 4 in
Canvas.
The 3 methods in Core could be made class extensions from the Session
package. The 4
methods in Canvas are a problem: we don't hit a package which depends on
Application
*and* Canvas until RenderLoop and I still want to break that single
dependency
somehow. So to deal with these 4 methods as well as their tests, we would
really need
to either:
   a) move them up to Environment;
   b) create a new package that provides added functionality when using
Application
and Canvas together; or
   c) create a Session-specific subclass of RenderContext.

I suggest either doing nothing or doing (a) for the moment and (in either
case)
filing a separate issue for this one so we can see if (b) or (c) makes
sense in the
long run.