[Seaside-dev] Issue 318 in seaside: WAComponentPlatformTest>>#'testHaloClass' failure

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Jan 29 09:41:58 UTC 2009

Comment #1 on issue 318 by jfitzell:
WAComponentPlatformTest>>#'testHaloClass' failure

Unfortunately, I think the test is in the right place... the problem is
that the
Component package depends on WAHalo at all. We introduced the platform
method in
order to remove a static circular dependency so that John could actually
load the
code but the fact remains that the dependency is still there and the
Component
package *does* depend on that platform method being correctly defined.

We need to come up with a solution that allows Development to add in the
Halo
behaviour itself. I was playing around with having a custom Renderer or
Visitor or
something a while ago but it didn't seem to quite work. I still think
there's
potential there though...