[Seaside-dev] Issue 142 in seaside: Make sure that collection attributes do not return their actual collection object

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sat Jan 31 00:23:00 UTC 2009

Updates:
collection object
	Owner: renggli
	Labels: -Type-Task -Priority-Low Type-Defect Priority-Medium

Comment #2 on issue 142 by jfitzell: Make sure that collection attributes
do not return their actual collection object

Lukas,

I see that WACollectionAttribute>>default has been deleted which means that
the
collection is not being copied and seems to suggest to me that this issue
has
regressed. It looks like the method was deleted when you changed the lists
to be
ordered so I'm not sure what the rationale was and if you covered the
problem some
other way.

As I recall, the issue was that WAConfiguration>>at: returns the default
attribute
value when no other value is defined. (see the commit message of
Seaside-Core-jf.212
  for more detail). If some other code then modifies that array, it affects
every
application that has that attribute and of course it can't be reset.
Attribute
defaults should be immutable, which I think means we can't afford to return
collection default without copying it?