[Seaside-dev] [ANN] Seaside 2.9.0-alpha3

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 15:51:16 UTC 2009

It has been some time since we released Seaside 2.9a3 and we figured
it was high time for another. This time changes have been rather small
and focus mostly on closure compatibility.

1. The Seaside Builder
======================

As with the previous release, the easiest way to load it is to use the
Seaside Builder to load the Seaside 2.9 packages you want into any
recent Pharo, Pharo-dev or Squeak image. Do not try to load into an
image that already contains Seaside 2.8, such as the Pharo-web images.

      http://builder.seaside.st

While it is theoretically possible to upgrade a 2.9a3 image to this
release using Monticello, we don't recommend it. Figuring what order
to load all the packages can be tricky and you can quickly find
yourself in a mess.

Please note, that the package Seaside-OmniBrowserTools requires a
recent installation of OmniBrowser. The Seaside Builder does not
currently load one for you.

2. Things to be aware of
========================

Please remember that this is an Alpha release and things are still
subject to change.

You'll find a list of current migration issues at
<http://seaside.st/documentation/migration/28to29>.

3. When things go wrong

4. Closed Issues
================

Issue 404: WAExternalFileLibraryTest >> #testPathForRequest fails
Issue 403: WAGenericCodecTest has 1 error, 4 failures
Issue 397: Links should use URL scheme from current request
Issue 388: codecs overhaul cleanup
Issue 396: move utf-8 tests to custom package
Issue 375: The option tag may have an attribute 'title'
Issue 395: replace CrLfFileStream with MultiByteFileStream
Issue 391: WANullCodecStream references WAError
Issue 390: WAHtml5InputTest -- not all the values come back
Issue 389: WASvgFunctionalTest doesn't seem to work
Issue 376: Review #seasideInteger
Issue 70:  asInteger is expected to return nil
Issue 373: Web config UI not configuring new applications properly
Issue 370: New platform exception classes have empty initialization methods
Issue 366: Unable to load Seaside-Environment-jf.52.mcz into a fresh image