[Seaside-dev] About including external resources in Seaside packages

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sat Jun 13 18:10:14 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Julian" == Julian Fitzell <jfitzell at gmail.com> writes:

Julian> I think it's fine except for the issue of needing an internet
Julian> connection to develop, which is kind of unfortunate. Maybe we could
Julian> also add some code somewhere that downloads the files, stores them in
Julian> the squeak directory, and serves them up via seaside. That way you
Julian> could decide to do that after installing Seaside if desired?

If you look at my (now aborted) Seaside-YUI package in SqueakSource, I have a
class definition that has a variable prefix for the URL.  Hence, for
developing offline, I could point at file://, and for online, I could change
one item and use the "live" versions.