[Seaside-dev] JQuery tests and flow

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemstone.com
Fri Nov 20 00:26:52 UTC 2009

In a GemStone image where I loaded Seaside-Development (modulo the Seaside-Flow dependency), the following components/plugins send #call: and require Flow:

WAWalkbackErrorHandler
WAAddDispatcherPlugin
WAConfigurationBrowser
WACopyDispatcherPlugin

Note that WAConfigurationBrowser is in Seaside-Tools-Web. Presumably the rest of Seaside-Development does not need Flow.

I haven't teased out what else would need to be moved if the above tools were packaged together.

I will perform the same experiment in a Pharo-based Seaside 3.0 image, to see how much of Seaside-Pharo-Developmetn depends upon flow ...

Dale

----- "Dale Henrichs" <dale.henrichs at gemstone.com> wrote:

| It turns out that Seaside-Development supplies WAPrettyPrintedDocument
| which is used to display the html source for the page...Flow is not
| needed at all ...
|
| Offhand, I don't know which parts of Seaside-Development are truly
| dependent upon Flow, but I assume that more than
| WAPrettyPrintedDocument could be split out into a flow-free
| development package...
|
| I will spend some more time digging into this to see if I can find a
| clean split ...
|
| Dale
|
| ----- "Julian Fitzell" <jfitzell at gmail.com> wrote:
|
| | On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 2:50 PM, Dale Henrichs
| | <dale.henrichs at gemstone.com> wrote:

| | Flow,
| Flow
| | as

| need
| | it

| | package
| | > |
| | -Component
| | said,
| working
| | Good
| | >
| | > Is being "A Good Thing" the same as, go ahead and tackle it
| before
| | beta?:)
| | >
| | > I can take a look tomorrow and see if the majority of the tests
| fall
| | into that category...
| |
| | If it's relatively easy, sure. :)