[Seaside-dev] Speaking of beta...

Conrad Taylor conradwt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 01:59:14 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Julian Fitzell <jfitzell at gmail.com> wrote:

> We were talking last weekend about the idea of moving to do a beta
> quite soon. Energy and time to spend on major changes seems to have
> waned at the moment and the current alpha seems to be running pretty
> well. I guess I wouldn't call it perfect, but there's no sense waiting
> for perfection or we'll never be done.
>
> If anybody has anything they think needs to be done before Beta, now's
> the time to speak up.
>
> Julian

Julian, I understand that we have the various non-core components within
Seaside 3.0.  For example, all the various Javascript framework as well as
several different web servers.  I'm just trying to understand what's
actually
the minimum needed to produce a Seaside 3.0 application.  Thus, I would
guess that one would simply need the core Seaside 3.0 classes and single
web server.  I prefer to write code directly in Javascript when using jQuery
and/or Prototype Javascript frameworks so I'm not one to rely on writing
Javascript
using Smalltalk.  In short, I think the core and basic web server should be
ready for beta.  Then all the non-core components can be added later.

-Conrad