[Seaside-dev] WAMutualExclusionFilter

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 12:10:51 UTC 2009

2009/11/21 Dale Henrichs <dale.henrichs at gemstone.com>:
> For GemStone, I am going to have replace the implementation of WAMutualExclusionFilter with one that plays better in the GemStone environment. WAMutex end up being saved in the image with the session state, and there is a 'naked reference' to the owner process which when a debugger is opened in a development image, can result in invalid attempts to commit the semaphore that is (usually) ob the stack when you get a walkback ...
>
> With multiple vms a semaphore doesn't cut it anyway .... if fact I can imagine a couple of different MutualExclusion filters that I may want to introduce.
>
> So I am wondering what the approved techniques are for slipping that in would be ... it feels an awful lot like choosing the error handler ...

<rant>
We have that over and over again. Error handlers, key generators,
codecs, semaphores, .... Every time we do a different hack, looking at
subclasses, looking at some class var somewhere, liking against a
platform provided class, looking the class up in WAPlatform, .... I'm
fucking sick of it, I want dependency injection!
</rant>

Back to the topic at hand:
What about having an accessor method on GRPlatform similar to #semaphoreClass?