[Seaside-dev] Detecting installed Seaside versions?

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 19:12:11 UTC 2009

We don't really have a solution to that at the moment. Obviously the
MC version for the Core package gives some indication but clearly
that's not really good enough.

In Seaside 2.8, you can do "SeasidePlatformSupport versionString",
though it would probably be nice to have an array like {2. 8. 1} or
something... maybe a WAVersion object would be better than an array
since it could do comparisons and printing and so on. "WAVersion
current" could return an appropriate instance. Part of me hates having
to modify the code to specify the version number, but the alternative
is to have an install script do it, which is also kind of lame.

Ok, enough rambling; clearly I, at least, am open to suggestions. :)

Julian