[Seaside-dev] Remaining Issues for Seaside 3.0 release

Reza Razavi razavi at acm.org
Sat Apr 17 17:14:03 UTC 2010

At 16:51 17/04/2010, you wrote:
>1. You should not #call: from within the answer handing.

I don't call within the answer handling (please see the example below).

>   - Seaside 2.8 incorrectly performs the call, incorrectly aborts the
>answer handling at a random point and resume the wrong answer handling
>when the called component answers.
>   - Seaside 3.0 correctly throws an exception about the missing
>marker. #call: is not possible at that point.

Somehow surprised about Seaside 2.8, but well noted; thanks for the
clarifications and excellent work.

>2. You should not #call: from anywhere within the command execution of
>Pier.

I don't call from within the command execution of Pier either (I'll
send a short email to the Pier mailing list to explain this).

To see the exact issue that I talk about, please just change the following:
PRContentsWidget >> onChangeContext: aContext
         super onChangeContext: aContext.
         self call: WAFlowConvenienceFunctionalTest new

No change is necessary in #onAnswerCommand:.

Then, if you point your browser to
<http://localhost:8080/pier>http://localhost:8080/pier, you should
get that Seaside error.

My goal has basically been to clarify whether that's an expected
behavior in Seaside 3.0 or a bug?

FYI, I just double checked with the current distribution of Pier
(Pharo0.1, Latest update: #10374), which looks like still based on
Seaside 2.8, and the above change doesn't raises an error. On the
contrary, the WAFlowTest application (that replaces
WAFlowConvenienceFunctionalTest, since absent from that image) is
launched and looks like working OK (although I perfectly believe you
that this may have its own *internal* issues, as you described above).

Regards,
Reza