[Seaside-dev] Grease 1.0.3 and Seaside 3.03 are poised for release.

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Tue Dec 14 02:43:18 UTC 2010

Seaside3.0.3 has been loaded and tested on Pharo1.0, Squeak4.1,
Pharo1.1.1, and GLASS 1.0-beta.8.4...all tests run Green and the
Metacello configurations have been marked as released.

In going through the steps on the Make Release page:

http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/MakeRelease?ts=1291839439&updated=MakeRelease

I discovered a handfull of issues which I am detailing here:

Step 2.2:
   This needs to be automated, there are way too many combinations
   to test manually especially if you are interested in releasing often
   (tell me how many times has the Swazoo adaptor been tested with
   koi8-r encoding (and would I be able to tell if there was a bug)?)
Step 4:
   I ran the doit ... code executed but I got no feedback good or bad
   from running #graphFunctionalDependencies:tests:
Step 5:
   I click on the link and I get a csv file ... what is supposed to be
   done with it? Is this step subsumed by the ChangeLog page?
Step 6:
   Not sure where the image/changes file is supposed to come from
   and I'm pretty sure I don't have permissions to modify any of the
   links
Step 7:
   No access to twitter...
Step 8:
   Can't update until Step 6 is completed.

So in the end, I think we're awfully dang close to releasing 3.0.3 ...
the code is ready, but the release artifacts (like the one-click image
and website updates haven't been done...).