[Seaside-dev] MakeRelease process

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Tue Dec 14 17:42:14 UTC 2010

It seems to me that the hudson server is already building the needed
release artifacts as well as running the tests ... so building the
release artifacts manually seems redundant and error prone.

The only fly in the ointment is that the hudson server (presumably)
loads the latest code whenever it does it's build/test cycle.

Which means that 5 minutes after the decision to make a release someone
could check in a new package that wasn't intended to be part of the release.

If the hudson server built a set of artifacts based on the Metacello
configuration for Seaside30, then we'd have a stable definition for the
product artifacts...then the process would be something like:

1. Update version numbers...
2. Load all latest code....
3. Update the Metacello config...
3.5 wait 24 hours