[Seaside-dev] Re: [Seaside Commits] Seaside 3.0: Seaside-Welcome-lr.7.mcz

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 14:17:29 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 1:30 PM, Nick Ager <nick.ager at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think the new version it is a significant improvement. Just compare
>> it with the Rails or Django welcome screens. I find the previous
>> version look very oldish with the large amount of messy contents, the
>> boxes, the bars and the tiny fonts.
>
> My 2c. Despite having a stake in the original version, I much prefer Lukas's
> version.

Hrm... well, I'm not sure how to proceed then. My brain don't seem to
know where to look on the new version. I get a sort of mini-panic
feeling and my mind tries to focus on something else instead of
solving the problem. Maybe something as simple as a stylized "1" and
"2" to indicate you should look at the two sections in order might
help. Maybe we should put it up on http://fivesecondtest.com/

Could we try a smaller font and a shorter header at least as a start?
Currently I can only see about half the content without scrolling. It
seems like "Seaside" is way more important than the content and that
doesn't seem right to me. This isn't just confirmation that it's
working but guidance towards next steps. And is having marked-out
regions old-fashioned? I feel like the page lacks shape.

What do you think makes this one work better then, Nick?