[Seaside-dev] ConfigurationOfSeaside30 3.0.0-alpha5.15 ready for a bit of review

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Thu Jun 24 18:09:27 UTC 2010

Julian Fitzell wrote:
> It appears that Tests-Functional, Tools-Web, and Welcome depend on
> Widgets. This means it will get loaded in Base anyway, so it's not the
> end of the world, though I wonder if we should change those
> dependencies to make them more explicit. I'm inclined to say yes...
> others?
>
> Julian
>
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 1:29 AM, Dale Henrichs <dhenrich at vmware.com> wrote:
>> Julian,
>>
>> Widgets is included because it is listed as an Environment dependency in the GRPackage definition, so I don't know whether there is an actual dependency or an artificial one...
>>
>> Dale

Julian,

Are you saying that you want Welcome to be made part of the Base? I
thought the point of the Base group was to provide a minimal set of
packages that would be the starting point for anyone that was building a
Seaside app. That meant to me that extra things not really needed (like
Welcome and Tools-Web and Widgets) would be excluded ... If someone is
the default application, or even be loaded unless explicitly asked for ...

That's why I'm using Magritte-Seaside as my use case right now and
trying to think of the folks building applications no top of Seaside ...

I think the explicit dependencies are already in place, but I can take a
look...