[Seaside-dev] Re: [Seaside Issues] Issue 555 in seaside: SequenceableCollection>>#beginsWith: and #endsWith: are non-portable

John O'Keefe wembley.instantiations at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 14:45:26 UTC 2010

No, I'm only convinced that it different on different platforms, so it is a
portability issue.  I'm happy with resolution in either direction ( '123'
startsWith: '' returns ture or false) since VA Smalltalk never implemented
this method, although, since I've implemented the method in terms of
#indexOf:, I guess I prefer the current Pharo and VA Smalltalk
implementation since it seems more consistent., but I just think it needs to
be consistent if Seaside is going to use it.

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 7:46 PM, <seaside at googlecode.com> wrote:

> Comment #3 on issue 555 by jfitzell: SequenceableCollection>>#beginsWith:
> and #endsWith: are non-portable
>
> http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=555
>
> Ok, and you're convinced it's a Pharo/VA bug, not a VW bug? I can see an
> argument
> either way but if #indexOfSubcollection:startingAt: says an empty
> collection is not
> found, I don't particularly like that inconsistency.
>
> --

John O'Keefe [|], Principal Smalltalk Architect, Instantiations Inc.