[Seaside-dev] about Grease codecs

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 07:07:42 UTC 2010

>> As far as I know Pharo and Squeak has no way to convert between two
>> arbitrary codecs. You always have to go through the internal encoding
>> first.
>
> This doesn't mean Grease couldn't provide a method to do the
> triangulation.  It can be twice as fast in other dialects.

Yeah, we had long discussions about that last ESUG. AFAI, we came to
the conclusion that in practice this is rarely useful so we won't
support it for now. I see however that adding a factory method for
arbitrary codecs could be cool, if you propose a change we can
certainly integrate that.

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch