[Seaside-dev] about Grease codecs

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 07:55:59 UTC 2010

>> One of the two encodings is always the internal encoding of the
>> Smalltalk you are using. In case of Pharo/Squeak this is obviously
>> ISO-8859-1.
>
> I'm probably missing something here but shouldn't this be Unicode? Squeak
> (and as a result Pharo) uses Unicode internally, so why would the internal
> encoding be "obviously" ISO-8859-1?

I am not an expert with encodings, I just assumed that Pharo used
ISO-8859-1 (or a superset thereof) because Paolo said so.

Personally I mostly use the NullCodec, because it avoids the
performance penalty of the transformations and I do not care how the
data is represented within the image.

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch