[Seaside-dev] about Grease codecs

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Mar 30 08:44:49 UTC 2010

On 3/30/2010 1:05 AM, Julian Fitzell wrote:
> I think the default encoders on squeak may be ISO-8859-1 (I think
> because Philippe is always saying there are big problems with
> WideStrings). But he's the expert in this area...

He's probably referring to the leading char which is an annoyance but
not a big problem. What you need to do is to "fix" the leading char in
any image that gets shipped around and not allow it to be picked up
dynamically. We've been doing this in our 3.8/Croquet based images and
it works fine.

Cheers,
   - Andreas