[Seaside-dev] Newlines in Javascript / JSStream

Michael Lucas-Smith mlucas-smith at cincom.com
Thu May 20 19:21:25 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I thought this was addressed in a previous with the introduction of
GRPlatform>>newline, but it appears that my particular issue wasn't
addressed.

When I transmit smalltalk strings to the client via javascriptOn:, the
Smalltalk newline convention doesn't get converted to the unix newline
convention (which is the convention for javascript). And the opposite is
too true, when I transmit a string using JSON back to Smalltalk, the
unix newline doesn't get converted back to the Smalltalk newline convention.

Does any one know what happened here? #newline was added but then not
actually used?

Michael