[Seaside-dev] improving rendering performance (on Pharo)

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Fri May 21 07:46:52 UTC 2010

2010/5/21 Julian Fitzell <jfitzell at gmail.com>:
> So when you say hacked in, you mean I should try not to include these
> versions this weekend? :)

No, by all means include it so that it gets tested. What I mean is the
code is probably not going to stay in the state it is currently in.
Which doesn't matter so much for Pharo but matters for everybody else
who wants to build an optimized implementation for his platform.

> I'm afraid your question doesn't leave me with enough information to provide
> an opinion. Obviously faster == better, but what's the downside? I don't
> quite understand what the end result is.

The end result is methods on platform for escaping xml and urls with
the current code the default implementation on GRPlatform.