[Seaside-dev] new *authorName* protocol

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 09:26:24 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 9:36 PM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
> I'd opt for including authorName (or authorIntials or authorIdentification (which
> this all seems to be about) or however named…) directly in Grease, not as part as
> an extension in the Welcome package. I'm sure one can make good use of this
> in various development scenarios.

There was discussion about this on the list a few days ago. I'm not
generally in favour of adding stuff to the main Grease packages just
because they "might be useful". Once things are added, they're much
more difficult to remove. More importantly, in a case like this where
the concept doesn't even exist in many Smalltalks, I'm not even sure
this interface is the right approach. By extending Grease from the
relevant package, we can solve a specific problem now and test whether
it's a good general solution over time.