[Seaside-dev] [Seaside] Package conventions & monticello versioning

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Fri Feb 4 14:06:11 UTC 2011

Avi,

There have been a number of package naming conventions over the years, but unfortunately none of the conventions have been enforced by the GUI, so folks have been free to create mcz files of all sorts ...

Now technically Monticello itself does not care about the name of the mcz file ... any old name will do, but it is useful for humans and tools to be able to interpret the file name as an indication of the contents of the mcz file and as a result it is unfortunate that the file name and mcz contents are not synchronized ...

For your personal use only it almost doesn't matter what names you use, however, you have to be aware that Gofer/Monticello can get confused if you have "private" mcz files in your package-cache that inadvertently match a pattern...

Dale