[Seaside-dev] 3.0.3.2 or 3.0.4

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Tue Feb 8 23:14:36 UTC 2011

On 02/08/2011 01:49 PM, Julian Fitzell wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 7:29 PM, Dale Henrichs<dhenrich at vmware.com>  wrote:
>> On 02/08/2011 11:11 AM, Julian Fitzell wrote:

>>> Agreed. I don't think we can release with that issue in the state it's
>>> in. We can easily revert it and release though, if anyone's keen.
>> Personally, I'd rather focus on getting the symbolic version ecosystem
>> cleaned up which can be done in 3.0.3.2, but if it's time to push 3.0.4,
>> I'll roll the two tasks into one.
>
> I don't think there's a need to do a new version at all, but I'd
> personally rather avoid 4-level version numbers if we're going to talk
> about them publicly. If you're keeping the code identical to 3.0.3,
> we're still referring to it as 3.0.3, and the version number bump is
> just internal paperwork to do with the metacello config, then that's
> fine. Otherwise, if the metacello change has to happen now, I'd push
> to do a 3.0.4 - version numbers are cheap.
>
> Julian

I will be publicizing the release so it's not just an internal version,
there are GemStone-specific bugfixes/features along with symbolic
version information, but the basic functionality shouldn't be any
different 3.0.3.

So that means I'd use 3.0.4 for the work I'm doing, and the outstanding
mcz files and bugfixes would be moved to 3.0.5 ...Presumably the 3.0.4
changelog page on the wiki
(http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside304Changelog) would be
renamed to 305 and I'd put in information about the 3.0.4 changes that I
made on the 3.0.4 change log page ...

Works for me.