[Seaside-dev] 3.0.4 status (PharoCore1.1.1)

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Fri Feb 11 19:30:38 UTC 2011

On 02/09/2011 05:49 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:
> PharoCore1.1.1:
>
>     - several WAFileLibraryTests fail the first time tests run, pass
>       on rerunning of tests ... I'll ignore these for now

Here's the list of tests that fail immediately after load:

1704 run, 1695 passes, 2 expected failures, 0 failures, 7 errors, 0
unexpected passes
Failures:

Errors:
WAHtmlFileHandlerListingTest>>#testFileLibraries
WAHtmlFileHandlerListingTest>>#testFileLibrary
WAFileLibraryTest>>#testSamplePng
WAFileLibraryTest>>#testUrlOf
WAFileHandlerTest>>#testHandleFileRequest
WAFileHandlerTest>>#testResourceBaseUrlConfigured
WAFileHandlerTest>>#testResourceBaseUrlNotConfigured

and upon rerunning the Errors
WAHtmlFileHandlerListingTest>>#testFileLibraries
  is still failing ... this is the same test that failed in PharoCore1.0.

In order to reproduce the problem I had to first load Seaside 3.0.3 and
then load 3.0.4 (actually I'm still loading the latest mcz files at this
stage).

If I load the latest mcz files into a virgin PharoCore1.1.1 image I
don't see any of these test failures... which explains why the hudson
server doesn't see these issues...

Sooooo, what do you say? Go ahead and ship with these known issues (I
can submit bug reports...I'll need to update and commit the configs
before submitting the bugs, so you can reproduce the problem I'm seeing)
or should I hold off release until they are fixed?

FWIW, Seaside3.0.4 loads and passes all tests on both Squeak4.1/2 (I
haven't tried the load 3.0.3 then load 3.0.4 trick yet).

Today I will go ahead and start the work of porting 3.0.4 to GemStone
and MagLev.