[Seaside-dev] Seaside 3.0.4 (Swazoo & Issue 629)

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Tue Feb 15 01:51:54 UTC 2011

The fix for Issue 629 has broken Swazoo 2.2, so I was wondering how
you'd like to address this:

   1. add #stausCode: to Swazoo2.2 so that Swazoo2.2 and Swazoo2.3 are
      compatible
   2. ask Janko to make Swazoo2.3 backwards compatible with Swazoo2.2 so
      that we don't have to hack Seaside3.0 to make Swazoo2.3 work
   3. refactor the swazoo adaptor into two flavors: one for Swazoo2.2
      and one for Swazoo2.3
   4. end support for Swazoo2.2 and require a 2.3 upgrade

This issue showed up for me in a GemStone sweep for sent but not
implemented messages.

Option 1 is the easiest, since we already have a pretty much
Seaside-specific version of Swazoo2.2 that we're using: Swazoo-lr.3.

Swazoo2.3 hasn't been port to GemStone yet, so Option 4 isn't an option
for GemStone ... for GemStone, I will do Option 1, but I'm curious how
you want the Squeak/Pharo issue handled...

Oh, one more Swazoo2.3-related issue is that the Swazoo packages do not
conform to the Monticello naming conventions (either old or new). Here's
a sample of the package names:

   Swazoo-2.3beta2.1
   Swazoo-2.3beta1.3
   Swazoo-2.3beta1.2
   Swazoo-2.3beta1
   Swazoo-2.2
   Swazoo-2.2beta4

These packages might be a bit difficult to load with Gofer (at least
using Gofer to calculate the "latest mcz file") - in the past I fixed
Metacello so that this package naming convention would sort of work, but
because Gofer choked on trying to find the latest version, I
surrendered...maybe the new sorting algorithm will work ... I haven't
had a chance to play with it...