[Seaside-dev] Seaside 3.0.4?

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Tue Feb 15 17:33:03 UTC 2011

On 02/14/2011 11:03 PM, Philippe Marschall wrote:
> 2011/2/14 Dale Henrichs<dhenrich at vmware.com>:
>> On 02/14/2011 10:43 AM, Avi Shefi wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Where are we standing w.r.t. Seaside 3.0.4?
>>> Is it ready?
>>> Cheers,
>>> Avi.
>>
>> Avi,
>>
>> Today, I will start working through a slug of Gemstone-specific bugs -- so
>> far I know that the recent changes in WAUrlEncoder have thrown a monkey
>> wrench into some GemStone-specific changes and I figure that this is
>> responsible for a bunch of the test failures, but I haven't had a chance to
>> look in detail at the failures  ...
>
> [1] has been a huge win for us, if there existed something similar for
> GemStone that would totally rock and help us find issues earlier.
> Should a shell script be not good enough it's quite easy to do a
> Hudson plugin in the language that shall not be named, look in the
> Seaside svn repo for an example. We also do custom Hudson plugin
> development ;-)
>
>> The packages have been recorded for the metacello configurations, so you can
>> resume checkins...I don't know if the hudson image was saved or not...
>
> I didn't save it yet, I ran into problems with the network connection.
> If it's fixed this evening then I can download it and do the rest.
>
>   [1] http://hudson.lukas-renggli.ch/view/Seaside%203.0/job/Seaside%203.0/
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Philippe,

I wish I had the time .. Norbert has integrated a GemStone build into
the Hudson server already, but there are additional factors.  90% of the
time, there is a port/merge required to integrate the Pharo changes into
the GemStone buiild structure, so the automation that is required to do
that goes beyond just loading files ... and in the case of WAUrlEncoder
it required a developer to untangle the initial test failures and
discover the true underlying problems ...

The bulk of the issues that I've run into during this episode could have
been flushed out in the pharo-based hudson server with the addition of
more build combinations ...