[Seaside-dev] Seaside 3.0.4 ... Issue 643

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Tue Feb 15 18:39:58 UTC 2011

On 02/15/2011 10:33 AM, Avi Shefi wrote:
> Quoting my comment on issue 643:
>
>     First of all use the following as first-aid to the build process:
>     WAConfiguration allInstancesDo: [ :instance | instance clearSearchContexts ].
>     WAConfiguration allSubInstancesDo: [ :instance | instance clearSearchContexts ].
>
> Notice that this runs on all instances and subinstances of
> WAConfiguration, therefore catching WAUserConfiguration too.
>
> Again, this is an immediate fix to clear all cache. It is not intended
> to run regularly...

Yes, I understand. I am able to get through the tests, but my concern is
that a post load doit needs to be executed to repair these things. I
will add the post load doit to the Metacello configuration, but I am
reluctant to us allInstances.

> As for the fix, the options remain but nobody has replied.
> I don't mind submitting a fix to this unless somebody thinks there's a
> better solution... ?

I think making the cache more robust in the presence of stale entries is
a good idea ... if I understand things correctly, the stale entries can
be identified, so it makes sense to do a direct lookup if a stale cache
entry is encountered and then throw the error ...