[Seaside-dev] state of 3.0.5

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Wed Jun 1 20:59:21 UTC 2011

Lukas,

I have looked specifically at Seaside3.0.5 and Pharo1.2-12339/PharoCore1.2-12336
 and have found two things:

  1. #stable version for ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser for 1.2 is 1.2.3 and it should be 1.2.4.
  2. if OB 1.2.4 is already loaded then the version is downgraded to 1.2.3

Item #1 is a configuration issue and item #2 is a bug ...

I had not heard that "many projects could no longer be loaded into Pharo1.2", so I was (and still am) blissfully unaware of the problems that folks are having.

Seaside3.0.5 loads into Pharo1.2/PharoCore1.2 and passes all of the unit tests ... so there are no "load issues." The Seaside control panel works fine and I have not noticed any other OmniBrowser-related issues ... but then I don't live in the images day in and day out so there could be subtle issues.

I am currently trying to characterized the "downgrade version" bug and will push out a fix as soon as I have one.

Dale