[Seaside-dev] commit messages

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 16:58:25 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Philippe Marschall <
philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I should copy and paste the description from the linked issue into
> the commit message?

Not unless that explains what you changed. I mean, clearly sometimes the
description of the issue leaves no ambiguity. e.g.:

"Issue xxx: WAPharoPlatform missing implementation of #fooBarBaz"

Probably just saying you fixed the issue is ok in that case. But even then,
a comment of "implemented it" or "implemented it to call primitive version"
or something would be helpful.

Usually there are many possible fixes to an issue - what one did you decide
on? Just give me enough information to know whether I want to go check the
fix further...