[Seaside-dev] Webtester on squeak?

Bart Gauquie bart.gauquie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 18:54:02 UTC 2011

Tobias,

I did not have the time to make the new release yet.
I've just uploaded 2 new packages. WebTester-Selenium-BKBAG.20
and WebTester-Pharo-Selenium-BKBAG.5.
If you load the latest version of WebClient, the code works on Pharo 1.1.1
and on Squeak 4.2. However, by doing this, I've broken my compability with
Gemstone 2.4.4.1.

Please have a try at it, to see if it works for you.

If I find some time, I'll fix the gemstone errors and make a new release ...

Regards,

Bart

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 9:34 AM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 2011-03-09 um 22:12 schrieb Bart Gauquie:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Tried on the latest Squeak 4.2. Manually loaded all the packages, fired
> it up and noticed that the tests gave the same error I've noticed before.
> Apparently, there is some error in the internal 'jetty' server the selenium
> rc is using, causing the implementation of squeak's HttpSocket get to wait
> forever for data. I made a hack to fix it, but seems that Squeak since 3.9
> has refactored some of that code, so the hack is not working any more.
> >
> > I've load the WebClient project, adapted the code, and everything is
> working fine on latest Squeak. I have all my tests green now.
> >
> > I will try to release a new version with this fix shortly.
>
> Do you have a plan, when to release the version with Squeak4.2-support?
> Or, can you provide the changes necessary to make it run as an .st file
> or the like?
>
> So Long,
>         -Tobias_______________________________________________

imagination is more important than knowledge - Albert Einstein
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere -
Albert Einstein
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing
is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination. - Albert
Einstein
- Sir Winston Churchill
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's
required. - Sir Winston Churchill