[Seaside-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] [Esug-list] [ANN] SmallHarbour project

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Wed May 18 11:34:13 UTC 2011

Am 18.05.2011 um 13:15 schrieb Sean Allen:

> 11) We currently require infrastructure support for https eg stunnel or reverse proxy through a webserver eg http://www.monkeysnatchbanana.com/posts/2010/06/23/reverse-proxying-to-seaside-with-nginx.html
>
> actually that link is... http://www.monkeysnatchbanana.com/posts/2010/06/22/faking-a-https-client-for-glass.html
> just for posterity.

Just for the record. I used stunnel for a short while. But then the need for the use of client certificates arose (I'm implementing an apple push notification server). A very easy way to add SSL handling is to write a little server in node.js [1]. It supports SSL and client certificates out of the box. It could act as an intelligent proxy for SSL handling. If the use cases are known I could even provide a small node proxy.
It is written in javascript and might be interesting for some to learn javascript on the server side. Node.js btw. is a cool server to know :)

Norbert

[1] http://nodejs.org/