[Seaside-dev] Headless Seaside on Debian won't start

Mircea Filip Lungu lungu at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Sep 5 09:18:05 UTC 2011

Hi Lukas,

I actually have X on the server. However, although I can export other
applications' windows (e.g. xeyes) when I run the cog vm I get:

could not find display driver vm-display-X11; either:
 - check that .../coglinux/lib/squeak/4.0-2489//vm-display-X11.so exists, or
 - use the '-plugins <path>' option to tell me where it is, or
 - remove DISPLAY from your environment.

Although in the .../coglinux/lib/squeak/4.0-2489/ there is a file named
vm-display-X11. I tried to just create a symbolic link to that file which would
be named .so but to no avail.

Do you have any idea why?

Thanks,
M.