[Seaside-dev] Headless Seaside on Debian won't start

Mircea Filip Lungu lungu at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Sep 5 10:26:54 UTC 2011

Hi Nick, Hi Lukas!

Nick: The installation of the 32-bit compatibility libraries solved the problem
and now I can run and export the Pharo window.

Lukas: I don't get it why, but now the image runs also headless... The only
seeming difference are the newly installed libraries...

Thanks guys for the prompt feedback!

M.

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Nick Ager <nick.ager at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mircea,
> Quick thought: Are you running on a 64bit server? If so, you have to ensure
> you have the 32bit support libraries installed.
> There's also some information about getting X to work with Gemtools, most or
> all of which should be relevant to Pharo:
> http://onsmalltalk.com/2010-10-23-faster-remote-gemstone
> Nick

Mircea Lungu
Researcher