[Seaside-dev] Grease on Pharo 2.0

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Wed Apr 25 18:13:49 UTC 2012

This morning we got a request to get Grease ported to Pharo2.0 ...

The issue is that the class BlockContext is not present in Pharo2.0.

So we have a packaging decision to make and we have several options:

  1. rename Grease-Pharo-Core to Grease-Pharo20-Core for Pharo2.0
  2. fork Grease-Pharo-Core for Pharo2.0 creating Grease-Pharo-Core.pharo20
  3. move the BlockContext methods from Grease-Pharo_Core to
     Grease-Pharo1x-Core ... no need for a GreasePharo2x-Core
     package yet.
  4. other alternatives?

For now I will proceed with option 3 just to find out if there are any other 2.0 related issues, but I won't commit any public packages until you guys let me know what your decision is ...