[Seaside-dev] Relationship between Javascript-Core?

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 09:48:10 UTC 2012

Hi

We moved #jsonOn: from Javascript-Core to Seaside-JSON-Core. This
makes implementing #jsonOn: much nicer because you can now use a
canvas api. Instead of using JSStream#encodeDictionary:on: and
#encodeCollection:on: and first having to convert them to dictionaries
or collections you can "render" them similarly to components. However
the dependencies between the JSON and Javascript packages are not yet
clearly defined. Right now the dependencies are:
 - Seaside-JSON-Core depends on JSStream for encodeString:on:
 - Javascript-Core-JSON contains a JSON parser, right now this is only
used by JQuery

This opens the following questions:
 - What should the dependencies be? Should Javascript depend on JSON?
Or vice versa? Or should they be independent?
 - Should we move JSJsonParser to Seaside-JSON-Core?
 - Should we rename Seaside-JSON-Core to JSON-Core?