[Seaside-dev] moving document handlers to session

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 18:11:49 UTC 2012

2012/1/22 Julian Fitzell <jfitzell at gmail.com>:
> Thinking totally off the top of my head, but what if it was implemented as a
> filter? A few helper methods on WARequestHandler (or subclasses) could add
> an instance if it's missing and then add the document and return a URL...

A filter on session? Yes that should work. That has the advantage that
session doesn't first have the check whether the request is for a
document handler. It also gives us a bit more parallelism because it's
outside the session lock. Additionally you can override
#initializeFilters and not add it if you don't need it. Registering
the document handler gets a bit more complicated though because you
have to find the right filter on session.