[Seaside-dev] Seaside and Magritte

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Mon May 7 10:49:17 UTC 2012

Hi

I had this totally ridiculous idea. The Seaside configuration
"framework" basically rebuilds Magritte-Core and Magritte-Seaside.
What about if we replace these parts with Magritte? We'll have to pay
attention to dependency loops like Magritte-Seaside depending on
Seaside and Seaside depending on Magritte-Seaside especially for
things like #componentClass:.

I'm well aware of the down-sides:
 - More dependencies
 - Harder to port, you'll need to port Magritte first which requires pragmas
 - Magritte version of Seaside shared with applications using Magritte

I'm not seriously proposing or pushing this, I just wanted to provide
some food for thought. I was probably under too much Eclipse 4 / EMF
influence lately.