[Seaside-dev] Seaside 3.1 ready

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Wed May 9 15:14:59 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

I've branched a Seaside-Core and one or two other packages, so the "just works" depends upon how different 3.1 is ... Speaking of differences: will it be possible to upgrade from Seaside30 to Seaside31?

| > Regarding the 256 literal limit, would you be amenable to breaking
| > Seaside3.1 up into smaller chunks? I think that it is high time
| > that the configuration for Seaside be revisited and revamped
| >
| > I have spent zero time looking at Seaside3.1 so I have no idea
| > that's been going on there, but things like the javascript support
| > and REST and JSON and Examples and etc. could actually be managed
| > in separate configurations. Splitting those things out into
| > separate configurations would not only reduce the number of
| > literals needed in the monolithic version spec, but would make it
| > easier for people to understand what is optional and what is
| > required ...
| >
| > What do you say?
|
| Sounds interesting. Just to be sure, we'd end up with configuration
| classes like
|
| ConfigurationOfSeaside31
| ConfigurationOfJQuery
| ConfigurationOfSeasideRest

Yeah, that would be the idea ... if JQuery and SeasideRest are bound to a particular Seaside3x version then you might find it useful to include 31 in the name...