[Seaside-dev] Seaside 3.1 ready

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Sun May 13 21:14:07 UTC 2012

Philippe,

Pauls' point of only referencing the specific package dependencies is the correct thing to do. Metacello follows package dependencies so you don't need to list all of the know dependencies ... hitting the root (or roots) of the dependency tree will work just fine ...

Regarding #bleedingEdge ... I think #bleedingEdge in a baseline for projects that are developed together is correct - that way you can load the latest of all packages in the Seaside31 mega project with one load.

In the version spec you should use #stable - that way you will get the "latest version of the Seaside (or whatever) that is known to work" when you load the configuration.

Tomorrow I will try to take a look at what you've got and point out anything that looks funky...

BTW, what version of Pharo is Seaside3.1 targeted at? I assume that Squeak, GemStone, etc. ports will come after you release?

Dale