[Seaside-dev] Seaside 3.1 release?

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 20:57:28 UTC 2012

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Paul DeBruicker <pdebruic at gmail.com> wrote:
> In May there was a discussion about getting the 3.1 configuration ready for
> release.  Did that get completed or is there a list of tasks somewhere that
> I could work on to move it forward?

We reworked the configuration at ESUG but it depended on a not yet
release version of Monticello. Then Dale did a release of Monticello
and some updates to the configuration. It's completely my fault that I
haven't yet found the time to test the configuration of the new
version of Monticello. What you can do to help, test the
configuration. You'll have to use ConfigurationOfSeaside30, not
ConfigurationOfSeaside31. For backwards compatibility reasons we
decided to keep it named ConfigurationOfSeaside30. If you look at the
class comment and the baselines-31 protocol you'll see that it has
been reorganized into several groups. Basically everything has an
accordingly named group. So we have many more, much more fine grained
groups.

So you'd do something like

   (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.1.0)
     load: #('Core' 'JQuery' 'Kom')

and it's pretty clear what you'll get.

> Has 3.1 been released or is there a date set for releasing 3.1?  I ask
> because it looks like there hasn't been anything 3.1 related uploaded to the
> squeaksource repo since September 3rd.

Right, I should have tested the configuration but didn't.