[Seaside-dev] Fixing 754 in 3.0?

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Wed May 1 19:22:37 UTC 2013

Hi

As you can probably tell from the mails I've been fixing some bugs
today (Workers' Day). One of the more interesting ones was Issue 754
[1]. The underlying problem is that in 3.0 the JSON support builds on
top of the JavaScript support. So the JavaScript string escaping is
used for escaping JSON. The JavaScript string escaping make use of
some "optimisations" like \0 zero for or \xXX for unnamed ASCI control
characters. These are not valid in JSON, JSON wants \uXXXX. If we want
to fix this in 3.0 we have to change the way string escaping is done
for JavaScript and always use \uXXXX for unnamed ASCI control
characters (which is still valid JavaScript). How do people feel about
this?

(in 3.1 this was easy to fix because JSON and JavaScript are separate)

 [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=754