[Seaside-dev] Fixing 754 in 3.0?

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Tue May 7 14:59:38 UTC 2013

woeps, it turns out we fixed another issue than 754
I therefore attached a wrong bugfix to the issue 754

The bugfix I attached to 754 actually fixes http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=755

I was confused (doing too much at once I guess)

Johan

On 02 May 2013, at 09:43, Johan Brichau <johan at inceptive.be> wrote:

> Kris (who reported the issue) made a change in our code base to tackle the issue.
>
> He's out on a holiday until monday and I cannot look at it for now, but I attached his changes in a .cs file to the issue.
>
> If it's good, it can be integrated.
>
> cheers
> Johan
>

> On 02 May 2013, at 01:48, Julian Fitzell <jfitzell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd say go for the easy fix and don't worry about "optimisations"...?
>>
>> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 8:22 PM, Philippe Marschall
>> <philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> As you can probably tell from the mails I've been fixing some bugs
>>> today (Workers' Day). One of the more interesting ones was Issue 754
>>> [1]. The underlying problem is that in 3.0 the JSON support builds on
>>> top of the JavaScript support. So the JavaScript string escaping is
>>> used for escaping JSON. The JavaScript string escaping make use of
>>> some "optimisations" like \0 zero for or \xXX for unnamed ASCI control
>>> characters. These are not valid in JSON, JSON wants \uXXXX. If we want
>>> to fix this in 3.0 we have to change the way string escaping is done
>>> for JavaScript and always use \uXXXX for unnamed ASCI control
>>> characters (which is still valid JavaScript). How do people feel about
>>> this?
>>>
>>> (in 3.1 this was easy to fix because JSON and JavaScript are separate)
>>>
>>> [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=754
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Philippe