[Seaside-dev] Re: WAEmailMessage begets WAMultiPartEmailMessage

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 20:53:48 UTC 2013

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Philippe Marschall
<philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 10:53 PM, Paul DeBruicker <pdebruic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I put the packages here:
>>

>> MCHttpRepository
>>         location: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside30/main'
>>         user: ''
>>         password: ''
>
> Thank you, I'll have a look.

First, thank you again. I'm going to be a bit picky, that's not
because your contribution isn't welcome.
- Can you use GRPlatfrom current newRandom instead of Random new?
(Slime should have picked that one up)
- Can you name MyRandom something else? Like BoundaryRandomGenerator
or something similar?
- Wan you use WAMimeType instead of Strings?
- Why does WAEmailBody implement #= and #<=?
- Why do you sort the parts?
- You hard code charset=UTF-8 (as a String) you I don't see you doing
any encoding anywhere.
- I wonder whether it would make sense to have a WASimpleEmailMessage
(subclass of WAEmailMessage) where the body is just a String and get
rid of WAStringEmailBody is this case (but we would actually need an
encoding in that case as well). Or combine WAMultiPartEmailMessage and
WAEmailMessage into a single class.
- Can we get rid of #htmlBodyString and #plainTextBodyString and
instead delegate more to the parts?
- Can we find a better replacement for the #string selector?