[Seaside-dev] Grease for Squeak

John McKeon p3anoman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 00:46:00 UTC 2014

Hello Seasode-Developers
I would like your opinions on proceeding with the creation of a Grease
platform for Squeak. The question arises, why not just subclass
GRPharoPlatform and override the few methods that need overriding for
Squeak and be done with it. Things would be much simpler than the
alternative method of copying GRPharoPlatform and making it Squeak's own.
This path not only requires quite a bit of class copying (mostly the codecs
amd related streams), but also requires a duplication of every
Seaside-Pharo-• package to a Seaside-Squeak-• package as well (unless ther
is something I am missing). Not to mention the rewiring of the
ConfiguationOfSeaside3 that would be necessary.
So, in light of the close relationship of Pharo to Squeak and the
overwhelming amount of code reuse that it would afford, is subclassing that
bad?
I look forward to your thoughts

Happy Trails
John McKeon