[Seaside-dev] ConfigurationOfSeaside3

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Sat Jun 7 07:28:04 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

Some things have gone wrong in the 3.0.x (legacy) branch of Seaside in the ConfigurationOfSeaside3:
- version 3.0.10 was changed by Dale for his work on gemstone 3.2, but that version was already published before
- version 3.0.12 was created by Stephan but version 3.0.11 was the current 'development' release of that branch.
- version 3.0.12 was tagged as released

Obviously, the #development tag in version 3.0.10 method that was left there by me (while it was referenced by #stable symbolic before), probably caused this confusion.

I had to adapt these changes such that:
- created a new development version 3.0.13 to avoid any confusion moving forward on this branch
- Dale's changes went into version 3.0.13
- reverted #released3.0 to 3.0.10

All of this happened over the past few months and I should have noticed this when it happened but I just ran into this trying to upgrade my codebase.
E.g. I'm running 3.0.10 in production which (as far as was announced) was the latest release of 3.0.x branch. 3.0.11 was the next bugfix release on that branch and was not yet released (as stated in [1]).

I am going to finalize 3.0.13 over the weekend so we can tag is as the latest release for the 3.0.x legacy branch.

Mind that I'm not trying to blame anyone, just trying to fix the current state of affairs and hope to clarify things in the future.

thanks!
Johan

[1] https://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside3011Changelog?ts=1402124348&updated=Seaside3011Changelog